Project 100% – Plastic Recycling
At East Jordan Plastics, our goal is to spearhead a regional effort to ensure that all of the plastic used in making horticultural plant containers is recycled.
Here are just some of the benefits of recycling plastic plant containers:
- Containers made from recycled plastic save up to 60% of the energy required to make the same product from virgin material.
- The recycling “closed loop” for plastic plant containers is repeated each time the plastic material is recycled with significant energy recovery gains.
- Recycled horticultural containers avoid landfills and are returned directly to the growing container manufacturing stream.
- Recycling reduces waste removal fees by keeping growing containers out of dumpsters and landfills.
- Recycling enhances the growing container industry’s public image as a wise steward of the environment by reusing sustainable plastic growing containers.
- Recycling creates opportunities for most plastic containers to be reused.
- Recycling increases retail foot traffic as consumers return their plastic plant containers to garden centers.
- Recycling achieves a better sustainable footprint due to trash reduction.