East Jordan Plastics, Inc. is looking for an experienced welder to be a valued part of our Maintenance Team. The ideal candidate will have a variety of welding and fabricating skills and experience that they can use to contribute to the manufacturing of horticultural products and support the recycling process.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints including standard welding symbols, job travelers and other instruction documents
- Set up and operate MIG or TIG welding equipment using prescribed methods and procedures to weld parts within acceptable tolerances and standards
- Build weldments through manual layout and manual surface prep processes when required
- Position parts to be joined using fixtures and other holding or positioning devices.
- Uses required measuring instruments and gages to check and ensure parts meet dimensional requirements
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel/aluminum parts.
- Change wire, welding, as needed.
- Change gas tanks, as needed
- Responsible for the proper packaging, identifying and moving of all finished products to the proper location.
- Ensure all equipment is properly set-up and used in a safe manner and that all safety devices are in use.
- Operate fork lift, if required and trained.
- Performs first piece inspections as well as all subsequent inspections as required by RMF standards.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required.
- Perform simple maintenance and repair as required.
- Must be self-motivated and complete all projects, assignments and duties as directed and instructed
- Communicates and works in cooperation with co-workers and other departments to ensure task completion in accordance with policies and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in welding ferrous and non-ferrous metals in a solid metal fabrication or machining environment
- Must be able to use prescribed manual processes in MIG or TIG welding of stainless steel
- Must be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, including all standard welding symbols
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and gages
- Must have strong math and troubleshooting proficiency and basic computer skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have ability to stand for long periods of time. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds without assistance
- Consistent work schedule
- Day and night shift availability
- Uniform Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) and Pension
If qualified and interested, please contact:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.