- Plan, coordinate and manage entire warehouse/shipping & receiving functions in such a manner as to ensure that all company objectives and production goals are continually met.
- Develop practices, procedures, goals and objectives for department and the strategies and methodologies to implement and/or achieve them.
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing activity and ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments.
- Review overall operation and processes and identify areas for improvement for all functions. Be able to offer recommendations to plant and upper management for improvement and be able to successfully implement changes.
- Monitor and review all reporting and resolve any discrepancies in inventory reporting or similar issues.
- Ensure an effective maintenance program for machinery and the facility related to the department is established, sustained and modified as needed.
- As necessary, review and/or complete shipping notices, bills of lading, orders and other related documentation.
- Supervise staff to include but not limited to: designating work assignments, providing instruction, reviewing completed work and providing input for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions
- Provide continuing oversight and training of staff in order to increase their levels of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ensure that staff strictly adheres to all safety rules, guidelines and procedures. Modify and improve safety practices as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced training is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a high-volume manufacturing warehouse or distribution center
- ERP (Epicor) software experience including data entry and reporting related to scheduling, inventory and inbound and outbound shipments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
**East Jordan Plastics offers a competitive salary and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) and a pension plan.
If qualified and interested, please send cover, resume and salary requirements to:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.