Beginning in 1947 with wooden flats, East Jordan Plastics has grown to be one of the largest horticultural thermoformers in North America. We produce a full line of Shuttle Pots® and Shuttle Trays®. Our wide selection of high-quality plant containers is augmented by our ability to customize orders. East Jordan Plastics is committed to doing its part in being a leader in sustainable products. Our containers are made from a high percentage of post-consumer recycled plastic, and are 100% recyclable.
We are seeking a plant manager to manage and direct the production, maintenance, and quality assurance functions in our South Haven, MI plant. This professional multitasker will direct the coordination of all manufacturing/recycling departments’ functions to ensure compliance with company objectives, quality systems, and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally detail oriented and able to lead a team, serving as a liaison between upper management and the functions of the plant.
- Implement strategic the visions of the company to create and improve production, quality, and labor utilization throughout the facility
- Collaborate with functional departments in the implementation of all continuous improvement activities
- Investigate and implement innovative methods of manufacturing processes to reduce costs and improve quality of the product
- Apply lean manufacturing principles to design, specify, and validate world-class manufacturing processes to achieve organizational goals
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all manufacturing operations of production, machinery, processing, and packaging departments
- Ensure that all process line schedules are in accordance with facility capabilities, customer requirements, economic performance, and planning, expediting as needed
- Direct and manage the establishment and maintenance of material replenishment methods, quality standards, and performance metrics in support of the organizational goals and objectives
- Create documentation protocols and ensure that all operations records are properly maintained and reviewed
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA or BS in operations management, business, material science, engineering or related field
- 10+ years plant operations or engineering experience
- Proven supervisory skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Master’s degree
- Plastics/Recycling industry experience
**East Jordan Plastics offers a competitive salary and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) and a pension plan.
If qualified and interested, please send cover, resume and salary requirements to:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.