East Jordan Plastics, Inc. is looking for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift Maintenance Technicians who are dedicated and hardworking and want to join our great team!
The Maintenance Technician position’s primary function is the safe and proper operation, maintenance and predictive maintenance of all company machinery, utilities and facilities while working in accordance with all legal requirements and applicable codes.
- Inspect machines, components, systems, and utilities to troubleshoot issues and potential safety concerns
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of production and processing machinery
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear, and diagnose malfunctions.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to ensure proper operation and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Read service guides to find information needed to perform repairs.
- Responsible for troubleshooting (electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics and plumbing) and repairing equipment in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in quality, cost, or efficiency of automation equipment.
- Performs various maintenance work and/or repairs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operates and maintains equipment and tools for work performed.
- Fabricate and repair tooling and machines when necessary
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental, and ergonomics.
- Perform other duties as required with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of industrial maintenance experience or completion of technical degree in related field.
- Experience with injection molding or thermoforming plastics preferred but not required
- Must have own tools (specialty tools will be provided)
- Experience working in a scheduled maintenance environment.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks, and welcoming to continuous improvement and change.
- Strong mechanical mindset and understanding of industrial systems, electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting,
- Fabricating/Welding experience a plus but not required
- Ability to read, write, email, and have basic computer skills.
- Able to use hand tools, lift 50lbs, bend, reach, squat, sit, stand, and utilize ladders.
- Teamwork is a key value to the organization and working collaboratively with
- Must be able to pass a background check, physical and drug screen
- Consistent work schedule
- Overtime Available
- Uniform Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement Plan – 401(k) and Pension
If qualified and interested, please contact:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.