We have an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Human Resources Generalist. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for all aspects of the day to day HR operations including but not limited to: recruitment, employee relations, talent development, on-boarding and off-boarding, employee benefits and compensation administration at our South Haven Plant.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Implements new hire orientation
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- An ethical approach to Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3 years of human resource management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
East Jordan Plastics offers a competitive salary and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) and a pension plan.
If qualified and interested, please send cover, resume and salary requirements to:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.