Looking for an opportunity where you can utilize your strong planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities?
We are currently seeking to hire a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who provides leadership to the Finance & Accounting Department. Develops the financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans and directing staff. Directs and manages company fiscal information on a tax basis for monthly and quarterly reporting for internal and external financial management. Manages six direct reports including a Corporate Controller, Financial Analyst, Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and IT.
• Assists in establishing short and long-range financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Coordinates the business unit’s annual budget planning process.
• Ensures continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
• Develops and maintains all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensures that records are maintained to generate tax basis financial statements.
• Directs and leads the company’s cost accounting function.
• Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
• Produces monthly financial statements on a timely basis.
• Assures accurate and timely filing of all required income tax obligations, including Federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc.
• Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
• Oversees the business unit’s internal controls and ensure effectiveness.
• Oversees accounting and finance training programs and identifies training needs.
• Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or a related field.
• Preferred: Professional Accounting Designations (CA, CMA or CPA).
Skills and Experience: (Required)
• Excellent communication and team building skills.
• Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Manufacturing industry experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience in cost accounting.
• Advanced computer skills including MS Office and Epicor financial reporting software. Preferred:
• Prior experience in the plastics industry.
• Technical Abilities: demonstrates skills and experience in financial reporting and analysis and cash flow management.
• Employee Relations: Facilitates employee training and development.
• 10 Plus years’ related experience.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
If qualified and interested, please send cover, resume and salary requirements to:
East Jordan Plastics, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 575
East Jordan, MI 49727
Or, fill in the form below.